“The report shows a good understanding of, and is consistent with, the Social Value Principles and process. Assurance here does not include verification of stakeholder engagement, data and calculations.”
Submit your report to our Report Assurance service and if it meets the SVI report assurance criteria the report becomes ‘assured’ and the above statement can be attached to the report.
What support can I get to help my report become assured?
- Peer Support: As a member of SVI you are encouraged to gain support from other members through regional meetings, linkedin groups, webinars and slack channels.
- Assurance Criteria Checklist: The report assurance criteria is available in a checklist format for you to use as you produce your report. Download it here.
- Report Review Service: Submit any report to Social Value UK and feedback is provided on where the report shows good application of the Social Value Principles and areas in which it needs improving if it is to meet the assurance criteria.
- SVUK mentoring packages: Social Value UK provide a mentoring service that offers intense 1-2-1 coaching. NB: if a report has been produced with help from this mentoring service, it is not possible for it to be part of an individuals application for accredited practitioner status.
Frequently Asked Questions
When can I submit a report for assurance?
You can submit an application during a standard assurance and accreditation round (a two week period in which we receive many applications). The following rounds are scheduled:
|Round Opens||Round Closes||Results Released|
|2 May 2017||16 May 2017||27 June 2017|
|4 September 2017||18 September 2017||30 October 2017|
|30 October 2017||13 November 2017||18 December 2017|
Alternatively, you can use the Fast-Track service. This means you can apply at any time of the year.
What is the Fast-Track service?
This option is much quicker than normal applications and you can submit at any time of the year. It costs an extra £300 but means you receive the results in half the time and do not have to wait for an ‘assurance round’.
How long does the process take?
When a report is submitted through an assurance round you should allow up to six weeks for the results to be returned.
When a report is submitted through the Fast-Track service you should allow two to three weeks for the results to be returned.
For reports that require some alterations in order to meet assurance requirements, the author may be given a five week the option of an amendment period in which to make the necessary changes. This amendment stage is subject to an extra fee, on top of the initial assurance/accreditation fee, in order to cover additional costs of re-checking the amended report and administration (see below for costs).
How much does Report Assurance cost?
All Assurance and Accreditation services are discounted by 10% if you have an organisational membership.
- Standard Report Assurance = £750 + VAT
- Fast-Tract Report Assurance = £1050 + VAT
- Amendment period (optional) = £300 + VAT
PLEASE NOTE: The majority of reports are of a standard that mean they have to go through a post assessment amendment stage. We therefore recommend that you budget for the extra £300 fee.
How do I apply for Report Assurance?
Download an application pack for Fast-Track Report Assurance below. Application packs for Standard Report Assurance will be available for download when the next assurance round opens.
What if my report does not meet the assurance criteria?
If your report does not meet all of the report assurance criteria it can still receive the assurance certificate but it will include some ‘qualifications’. Qualifications are qualifying statements that highlight where the report does not meet the report assurance criteria.
I have produced a report working as part of a team, can this be submitted for assurance?
Yes, if submitting for report assurance it doesn’t matter how many authors there are.
Do you have examples of the process?
If you are interested in getting a report assured, you can find out more about the process in the case studies we have collected in our resource library.