Social Value Report Assurance
Assuring your Social Value Report will give your work a mark of quality and credibility. Submit your report to our Report Assurance service and if it meets the SVI report assurance standard the report becomes ‘assured’ and the below statement can be attached to the report.
The report shows a good understanding of, and is consistent with, the Social Value Principles and process. Assurance here does not include verification of stakeholder engagement, data and calculations.
What support can I get to help my report become assured?
- Peer Support: As a member of SVI you are encouraged to gain support from other members through regional meetings, LinkedIn groups, webinars and slack channels.
- Assurance Standard Checklist: The Report Assurance standard is available in a checklist format for you to use as you produce your report. Download it here.
- Report Review Service: Submit any report to Social Value UK and feedback is provided on where the report shows good application of the Social Value Principles and areas in which it needs improving if it is to meet the assurance criteria.
- SVUK mentoring packages: Social Value UK provide a mentoring service that offers intense 1-2-1 coaching. NB: if a report has been produced with help from this mentoring service, it is not possible for it to be part of an individuals application for accredited practitioner status.
What is Report Assurance?
Assurance is more than just a rubber-stamping exercise. It is also a learning process designed to help you improve the way you measure impact. During the process your analysis will be independently checked by our qualified assessors. They will check that a report shows good understanding of Social Value principles and practice. For an SROI report this means that principle #3 “value what matters” requires the use of financial proxies. However any social value/impact report can be tested against the Social Value principles. Assurance is a principles based assessment. It does not include verification of stakeholder engagement, data and calculations.
Before you apply
- Have you read the Assurance Standard?
- Have you seen our Pre-Report Assurance Outcomes Check Service?
- Have you prepared your supporting documents?
Download the Assurance Standard here.
The Pre-Report Assurance Outcomes Check Service provides a critique of the practice that has been undertaken to define the outcomes of your analysis. This should be undertaken before the full analysis and report have been completed.
Learn more about the Pre-Report Assurance Outcomes Check Service here.
Supporting documents required to apply for Report Assurance are:
- A complete Word (or similar) version of the report to be assured, including any appendices and with all references to the author removed
- A complete Excel (or similar) version of the impact map used as the basis of the analysis with all references to the author removed
- Evidence of permission to submit the report from the relevant organisations
- A signed copy of the terms and conditions of application available from our website here.
When can I submit a report for assurance?
You can submit an application during a standard assurance and accreditation round (a two week period in which we receive many applications). The following rounds are scheduled:
|Assurance Service||Round Opens||Round Closes|
|Associate Practitioner Level 1 Results||20th January 2020||24th January 2020|
|Report Assurance||20th January 2020||31st January 2020|
|SVI Practitioner||17th February 2020||28th February 2020|
|Social Value Certificate||9th March 2020||20th March 2020|
|Associate Practitioner Level 1 Results||20th April 2020||24th April 2020|
|Report Assurance||20th April 2020||1st May 2020|
|SVI Practitioner||18th May 2020||29th May 2020|
|Social Value Certificate||8th June 2020||19th June 2020|
|Associate Practitioner Level 1 Results||6th July 2020||10th July 2020|
|Report Assurance||6th July 2020||17th July 2020|
|SVI Practitioner||1st September 2020||11th September 2020|
|Social Value Certificate||21st September 2020||2nd October 2020|
|Associate Practitioner Level 1 Results||12th October 2020||16th October 2020|
|Report Assurance||12th October 2020||23rd October 2020|
|SVI Practitioner||9th November 2020||20th November 2020|
|Social Value Certificate||30th November 2020||11th December 2020|
Alternatively, you can use the Fast-Track service. This means you can apply at any time of the year. To apply for Fast-Track report assurance, please contact the assurance team to discuss timelines using the button below.
For more information about Report Assurance, including pricing, please use the button below.