The course aims to provide elected members and officers with the knowledge to support better scrutiny and recommendations that take account of social value. The workshop will help attendees to understand the importance of the Principles of Social Value and the ten impact questions – and how these are important for good scrutiny. Delegates will
- Outline the conceptual foundations of social value,
- Examine the Social Value Principles,
- Understand how the ten impact questions are required to account for social value,
- Understand why it is important to consider social value in scrutiny
- Consider the potential challenges and risks in accounting for social value
- Discuss the necessary systems and processes that are required to embed social value into scrutiny and decision-making,
- Appreciate how to ask appropriate questions to ensure that social value information can effectively influence scrutiny and decision-making.