Drivers: Many public sector organisations will need to comply with the Public Services Act (Social Value) Act. Are you able to demonstrate how your services provide value for money? Are you building social value into your procurement processes? Do you want to make sure social value is at the heart of your commissioning.
The business case: Having good systems and processes for managing social value enables you to design and deliver better services for your stakeholders. Being able to report on this with confidence will give you a competitive edge and lead to strong relationships and partnerships.
Join us: By joining Social Value UK, you will have access to dedicated guidance and support from us, as well as joining a community of like-minded organisations all striving to make the world a better place. Our work isn’t just limited to public sector organisations, there are lots of opportunities for working across sectors.
We have members from local authorities, housing associations, universities, clinical commission groups and public procurement frameworks.
‘Social value has been a fundamental part of our responsibilities over the past 12 months and this year we want to achieve even more! Voluntary and Community organisations will be an integral part of our social engagement strategy, providing us with the intelligence to think and do things differently’.
Paula Ellis, Corporate Engagement Manager at Merseytravel
Work we’re doing with the public sector
- Strategic Workshops for senior decision makers exploring policy and strategy – (delivered by us or in partnership)
- In-house training on Social Value and procurement
- Workshop on research excellence framework (For Universities)
- We are a member of the National Social Value Taskforce
Useful links and next steps:
- Contact us for advice on how we might help
- Guide to Social Value and Public Scrutiny document
- Commissioning for Maximum Value
- Social Value Commissioning website
- The Self-Assessment Tool
- A Guide to Social Return on Investment
- Our Campaigns
Social Value and Procurement
With changes coming to the Social Value Act, social value will be more important in the world of procurement than ever before.
Social Value UK have a track record of working with procurement specialists, see some work below:
- We offer In-house training on Social Value and procurement
- We are running an Ultimate Masterclass alongside other social enterprises.
- Our Social Value Pioneers Bloom have worked with us on national events, such as our Members Exchange 2019, read our Q+A with Bloom’s Head of Social Value, Sarah Macnab here.
- David Shields, a procurement specialist, sits on the Social Value UK board.
- Read our blog Social Value and Procurement written with HACT.
- Read our blog Maximising Social Value through Procurement written by Catherine Manning, Operations Manager at SVUK.
- Read our blog Newcastle company named as the first procurement specialist to achieve the Social Value Certificate.
- Read our blog Liverpool company Construction Impact Framework (CIF) leads the way in Progressive Procurement.
- Listen to How exactly do you measure social value? An episode of PfH and Social Value UK here.
- Watch ‘What are the risks and opportunities associated with the social value agenda?’ with PfH and SVUK CEO Ben Carpenter here.
- Read PfH’s ‘Inside Procurement 2019 Unfolding the Future’ featuring SVUK Ben Carpenter’s article here.
- Social Value in Government Procurement paper can be downloaded here.