Drivers: Many public sector organisations will need to comply with the Public Services Act (Social Value) Act. Are you able to demonstrate how your services provide value for money? Are you building social value into your procurement processes? Do you want to make sure social value is at the heart of your commissioning.
The business case: Having good systems and processes for managing social value enables you to design and deliver better services for your stakeholders. Being able to report on this with confidence will give you a competitive edge and lead to strong relationships and partnerships.
Join us: By joining Social Value UK, you will have access to dedicated guidance and support from us, as well as joining a community of like-minded organisations all striving to make the world a better place. Our work isn’t just limited to public sector organisations, there are lots of opportunities for working across sectors.
We have members from local authorities, housing associations, universities, clinical commission groups and public procurement frameworks.
‘Social value has been a fundamental part of our responsibilities over the past 12 months and this year we want to achieve even more! Voluntary and Community organisations will be an integral part of our social engagement strategy, providing us with the intelligence to think and do things differently’.
Paula Ellis, Corporate Engagement Manager at Merseytravel
Work we’re doing with the public sector
- Strategic Workshops for senior decision makers exploring policy and strategy – (delivered by us or in partnership)
- In-house training on Social Value and procurement
- Workshop on research excellence framework (For Universities)
- We are a member of the National Social Value Taskforce
Useful links and next steps:
- Contact us for advice on how we might help
- Guide to Social Value and Public Scrutiny document
- Commissioning for Maximum Value
- Social Value Commissioning website
- The Self-Assessment Tool
- A Guide to Social Return on Investment
- Our Campaigns