This is an Excel template of the value map with preset formulas to help you calculate your impact. The template also includes a page of guidance notes to assist you in using the value map.
Accompanying note to updated Value Map September 2019
The amendments made to the Value Map reflect the evolving nature of social value, and the convergence of approaches.
- Rebranded in line with SVUK branding guidelines
Updates to Guidance tab
Inclusion of cells for time period of activity and time period of analysis on Scope tab
On SROI Value Map tab, increased number of data rows to 25
On SROI Value Map tab, set data validation rules for columns:
– Stakeholders, How many in group?
– Inputs, Financial value (for the total population for the accounting period)
– Duration of outcomes, How long (in years) does the outcome last for? (validated drop-down list)
– Quantity, Number of people
– Outcomes start, Does it start in period of activity (1) or in period after (2) (validated drop-down list)
– Value, What is the value of the proxy for the change per person?
– Deadweight %, What will happen/what would have happened without the activity?
– Displacement %, What activity would/did you displace?
– Attribution %, Who else contributed to the change?
– Drop off %, Does the outcome drop off in future years?
On SROI Value Map tab, set data validation rule for Discount rate cell.
On SROI Value Map tab, renamed “Current year” to “Year 0” for clarity. The spreadsheet now runs from Year 0 to Year 5.
On SROI Value Map tab, amended calculation for duration to automatically account for change in outcome start period.
On SROI Value Map tab, amended calculation for drop-off to automatically account for changes in duration and outcome start period.
On SROI Value Map tab, column “How long (in years) should we measure the change for / how long are we accountable?” has been renamed to “How long (in years) does the outcome last for?” for clarity.
On SROI Value Map tab, column “Impact (year 0)” renamed to “Impact calculation” for clarity.
On SROI Value Map tab, section “How valuable?” has been simplified to comprise Valuation approach and Value columns only.
On SROI Value Map tab, “How much change per person” has been removed. The “What changes?” column has been updated to include this information.
On SROI Value Map tab, “Number of people” reworded to “Number of people experiencing described change”
On SROI Value Map tab, “Does the outcome start in period of activity (1) or in period after (2)?” updated with dropdown options for “Period of activity” and “Period after”.
On SROI Value Map tab, “What is the financial value of the outcome per stakeholder per year (in currency)?” reworded to “What is the value of the outcome per stakeholder per year?”
Inclusion of Glossary tab.
On SROI Value Map tab, moved duration column.
On SROI Value Map tab, “Description (including amount/extent of change)” column reworded.
Addition of a Value Map (non-SROI) tab for use with analyses which do not use financial valuation of outcomes.
Removed references to ranking as a method of assessing relative importance and replaced with rating.
On SROI Value Map tab, “Financial proxy” renamed to “Financial value”.