The SROI Guide
This Guide was originally written in 2009 with the UK Cabinet Office. Updated in 2012, it is the result of consultation with practitioners, members, academics and others with an interest in social and environmental value and impact measurement.
The methodology is still being developed and Social Value International supports a Methodology Sub-Committee which considers and approves developments to the methodology. If you’re interested in getting involved in this process, send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We also have the following supplements available, for use alongside the Guide. Click the links to download pdfs:
- Supplementary Guidance on Stakeholder Involvement
- Supplementary Guidance on Materiality
- Supplementary Guidance on Using SROI
- Supplementary Guidance on Understanding What Changes (Part One: Creating well defined outcomes)
- Value Map template
- Social Return on Investment for social investing
- Social Return on Investment and commissioning
Translations of the Guide
The Guide is now also available in 9 different languages including Russian, Japanese and Portuguese. Browse and download the full selection here.