What support is right for you?
Social Value UK offers a range of support for those at any stage of their social value journey.
Open to Everyone
- Social Value UK Newsletter – a monthly newsletter providing updates, tips and news about Social Value UK. Sign up on the right hand side bar menu.
- Self Assessment Tool and Starting Out on SROI Guide – both free, open resources to give people an idea of how well they are measuring their social value, and how they can improve it.
- The Guide to SROI – download and read it for free here. The supplementary guidance to SROI and versions of the Guide in other languages are available in our Social Value Library.
- Social Value International LinkedIn Group – a support and discussion group made up of professionals and academics interested in social value and impact.
- Social Value Reports Database – A collection of Social Value, SROI and Cost Benefit reports. We have created a tutorial on how to use this resource.
- Social Value Resource Library – Your one stop shop for social value resources and guidance. We have created a tutorial on how to use this resource.
Support for Members
- Members free support – if you’re a member you have access to free office based support from our staff team. Just email your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Members only webinars – every month we have a different expert speaker discussing hot topics in social value. You can find our upcoming webinars, and links to recordings to previous ones, here.
- Members Directory – Advertise yourself and services, and search other members. We have created a tutorial on how to use this resource.
- Regional Meetings and Social Value Working Groups – as a member you can attend any Regional Meetings that are active in your area, or join our thematic Social Value Working Groups to speak to other members who are interested in the same areas as you.
- Online Introduction to SROI – three online webinars that provide a thorough overview of Social Return on Investment including the 7 Social Value Principles, how SROI can help you, and why it’s important in the first place. Find out more.
- 2 Day SROI Practitioner Training – this training offers a comprehensive guide through SROI, starting with a step-by-step, practical run through of an analysis and ending with a more in depth examination of more theoretical issues including valuation techniques and best practice examples. More details and upcoming dates are here.
- Bespoke training – We can meet your training needs, be they a short course for a select group of people, an inhouse training event, an open course or something more bespoke. Let us know what your requirements are by emailing us or calling our office on 0151 703 9229. Previous bespoke training clients include GIIN, Trafford Housing Trust, Gauge NI and South East Asia Social Entrepreneurs network.
- Mentoring – the mentoring programme is designed for individual practitioners who have completed practitioner training and are undertaking an SROI. During 3 days of support, you will be taken through the SROI process from scoping to report in 5 mentoring steps. For each of the 5 mentoring steps, we will agree what is to be done and by when. You will submit something in writing for each step. You will receive comments in writing. Then you will have a follow up call with your mentor to discuss comments and agree next steps. Mentoring can be for an SROI for any purpose except accreditation, including public reporting verified by the assurance process. Mentoring cannot be used for accreditation for an individual as the mentor will become involved in the judgements being made. 1-to-1 mentoring will be to you timescales. Mentoring will be delivered by an Accredited Practitioner and costs £1,800 +VAT (10% offered to organisational members). For more information on mentoring, email email@example.com.