Social Value Working Groups
What are they?
Social Value UK Working Groups are collaborative groups led by a key network member, and supported by the Social Value UK network as a whole. They are developed around engagement with a particular theme or sector.
What do they do?
The groups work together to:
- Raise awareness of the application and benefits of social value in the chosen sector or theme – for individuals, companies, the sector and society in general
- Improve and increase the skills of people using social value in the chosen sector either through shared learning across the group, or more formal training through SVUK
- Decide on and take actions for development of practice, policy or change
- Anything else as decided by the group
How do they work?
The groups set up in a variety of ways depending on the requirements of the members. Some will have an online platform. Some agree to meet face to face a number of times a year.
Social Value UK support the Social Value UK Working Groups working collaboratively with the groups to achieve their outcomes. Social Value UK act to:
- Actively participate in the group
- Promote group activities, findings, achievements and membership
- Help with group networking and connections
- Share learning in the group and across the network
- Support logistics
- Highlight Social Value UK and Social Value International work where relevant
Who are they for?
The working groups are for all members of Social Value UK. Each group has it’s own set of criteria for joining. Please reach out to Social Value UK, or the group key contact to find out more.
What groups are running at the moment?
- Maximising Social Value in the Built Environment – This thought leadership and working group on focuses on social value and social impact progress within the built environment sector.
- Gender and Inclusion and Social Value
- Socially Led Resilience – This group holds discussions about evaluating socially-led resilience in a way that is appealing, proportionate, as robust as possible and useful.
- Social Value in Sport – under development.
How do I join?
If you are interested in joining a working group …
If you would like to propose a new working group we would love to hear from you.