Social Value Tools
Global Value Exchange
The Global Value Exchange (GVE) is an online platform that allows users to set up their own projects, start to monitor the social value they are creating, and helps them to manage and maximise their social value.
There are three main parts to GVE:
- browseGVE: a database with thousands of outcomes, indicators and valuations
- myGVE: an interactive project layer where you can enter and collect social value data for your own activity or project
- myGVEportfolio: manage the social value of multiple projects by creating a portfolio with a shared outcome framework
Find out more about the three layers of GVE with this introductory presentation from Ben Carpenter:
The Social Value Self Assessment Tool is a free tool designed to help users judge how well they are measuring and reporting on their social value, in line with the Principles of Social Value. It was created in collaboration with Hall Aitken.
The tool is comprised of a seven stage questionnaire, showing results as a spider chart illustrating areas of strength and areas for improvement.
The tool provides guidance, support and more advice to individuals who want to improve the way in which their organisation measures their social value and assesses their service delivery but don’t know where to start. To access the tool, users can create an account and sign up for free here.
By creating a free Self-Assessment Tool account individual users can:
- Fully explore the benefits of the Social Value Principles;
- Get an accurate baseline of how good your social value measurement practices are;
- Judge their organisation’s readiness for Social Value Certificate application;
- Use their score to guide them towards applying for assurance and accreditation;
- Get advice on what to do next.
We can offer a range of additional functionality for organisations who want to use the Self-Assessment Tool to collect data about their stakeholders or activities.
Some of the services we offer are:
- Create you own survey with custom questions
- Aggregate and analyse the results
- Download your data as a spreadsheet
- Track the progress of your users
- Host the survey on your own website
- Use your own branding
Portfolio account pricing
Show 102550100 entriesSearch:
|Self-Assessment Tool Portfolio Packages||Initial development costs (year 1)||Support (year 1)||Ongoing support (subsequent years)|
|Package 1: Client receives a ‘Group Admin’ account. Ability to create one user group, multiple surveys and analyse the survey results of that group.|
SVUK will show you how to:
Manually create standard user accountsAdd questions to the core survey, including non-English versions
|£0||£600 + VAT||£600 + VAT|
|Package 2a: Client receives a “Global Admin” account. Ability to create multiple surveys, multiple users groups, assign group admins and analyse the survey results of any group.|
In addition, clients can:
Host the website on their own domain (URL registration and hosting fees are the responsibility of the client)Sell the portfolio functionality (by creating Group Admin accounts)Have complete control over the website, including custom branding or additional functionality
|£1000 + VAT||£800 + VAT||£600 + VAT|
|Package 2b: Same as Package 2a, but with a full translation of all website text (such as website menus and next page buttons).||£3000 + VAT||£900 + VAT||£600 + VAT|
Annual support costs include up to 4 hours of online support from SVUK team including the upload of new questions (including translated core survey) and demonstrations of how to administer the site as a group or global admin. Initial development costs apply only in year 1.
N.B. SVUK request that anonymised data is shared annually with SVUK and Hall Aitken to support further developments of the tool.
For more information please contact Craig.
In this interactive half-day workshop, Social Value UK will guide you through interpreting your organisation’s Social Value Self-Assessment Tool results and provide practical advice on how to improve application of the Social Value Principles.
Each workshop is tailored to your organisation’s needs, including interactive tasks on topics which your Social Value Self-Assessment Tool results have identified as requiring additional learning.
For more information please contact Craig.
Social Value Certificate
The Social Value Certificate looks at the systems and processes that you have in place for maximising your social value. It is not about reporting social value and it does not provide proof or a statement that the organisation or programme is creating an amount of social value. The Social Value Certificate is about how you are working towards maximising your value. The Social Value Certificate can be awarded to an organisation or a specific programme or project being run by an organisation.
The Social Value Certificate has three levels, as described below. To progress through each level applicants need to provide evidence to Social Value UK that they are meeting the specific criteria for the stage. Download the Social Value Certification Guidance Document from Social Value International to see what evidence is required.
- Level One: Commit. A commitment to implement systems and processes that are consistent with the Social Value Principles, evidenced through policy documentation.
- Level Two: Implement. The implementation of systems and processes that are consistent with the Social Value Principles, evidenced through appropriate data collection.
- Level Three: Maximise. The use of social value data to drive decisions to increase the social value created, evidenced through operational changes designed in response to data and with the specific intention to maximise the social value created with the resources available.
The Social Value Certificate has been developed by Social Value International as part of their assurance and accreditation services. The Social Value Principles form the basis for the certification. The criteria and certificates have been designed and approved by Social Value International’s Reporting and Assurance Technical Committee. For more information about the governance contact Social Value International (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Why should I get the Social Value Certificate?
The Social Value Certificate has the following advantages:
- Proves to external stakeholders (including funders) that you are aligning to an international standard for managing your social impact and taking steps towards maximising the value that you can create.
- Provides you with a clear pathway for improving the way you are managing your social impact.
Visit Social Value International’s website to view the Social Value Certificate Directory and see which organisations already have the certificate.
How to apply
For more information about the certificate, including pricing, and to find out how to apply visit Social Value International.
The impact team at Kingston Smith Fundraising and Management, in collaboration with Social Value UK, have designed a template for organisations interested in embedding social value into their organisation or projects. This template outlines a flexible social value policy which can be adapted for all organisations and projects.
Download the templateSUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTERSign up to support Social Value UK and our mission to change the way the world accounts for value.closeName *Email *Telephone numberSubscribe