Social Value Academy
A masterclass by SVUK and SEUK
Social Value Academy Next Date – 27 October 2017 (London)
What is this training?
The Social Value Academy is an intensive one day training masterclass in social value for those working in commissioning, procurement, and as providers of goods and services across the private, public and social sectors
You will learn from the leading experts in the field and from practical, real-life examples how to use and implement the Social Value Act, how to measure social value, and how to deliver greater social value. Each participant will also get an exclusive resource pack of materials, the opportunity to network with leaders and peers from across sectors, and Social Value Academy certification.
What is the agenda?
10am CONTEXT: INTRODUCTION TO SOCIAL VALUE AND THE ACT
- background to the Act and preceding legislation
- relationship to government policy, Europe (implications of Brexit), direction of travel
- progress since Act was introduced (up-to-date research findings)
- social value policies and weighting
- key challenges to implementation
- background to social value measurement / global movement
- common principles
- financial values and proxies (and limitations)
- guidance on proportionality
- in reality: in design, commissioning, tender, contract management
1.30pm THE LEGALITIES
Q & A session with Gayle Monk, Social Value Expert from Anthony Collins;
- what is possible (& what isn’t)
- the legal precedents
- extension of the Act
- practical examples from across the country
2.30pm MAKING IT REAL: SOCIAL VALUE IN PRACTICE
a) roundtable exercises using actual examples) implementation – from priority to commissioning to procurement to contract management
b) provider reports – using it for internal decision-making & external articulation
c) responding to tenders – social value clauses and bid differentiation
- summary of key learning points
- final questions
- next steps / commitments to action
Social Value Academy Cost
- Cost for 1 day workshop for non members £350+VAT
- Cost for 1 day workshop for SVUK/SEUK members £260+VAT
How can I attend the Social Value Academy?
The next workshop will take place on 27th October 2017.
For further information please contact Nancy Towers at Social Enterprise firstname.lastname@example.org