We are recruiting a Membership Manager
We are looking to recruit a Membership Manager to join our growing team. The role will sit within the Social Value UK staff team, but work across Social Value UK and Social Value International as needs require. Social Value International is a charity made up of networks across the globe. Social Value UK is the UK national network and, for some services, acts as secretariat for Social Value International.
Social Value International is the global network focused on social impact and social value. Our members share a common goal: to change the way society accounts for value. All too often key decisions about resources and policies are made using a limited economic concept of value, which fails to consider important effects on people and the environment. As the gap between rich and poor increases and the effects of climate change become more apparent, our work has never been more urgent.
Social Value International works with our members to embed core principles for social value measurement and analysis, to refine and share practice, and to build a powerful movement of like-minded people to influence policy.
This pioneering community contains members from 45 countries, drawn from a huge range of different sectors and disciplines. Our goal at Social Value International is to support, connect, and represent our members through training, knowledge-sharing and networking.
Social Value UK is the national network for anyone interested in social value and social impact. To achieve our mission, Social Value UK provides training and assurance services, as well as hosting regular meetings and events, creating new tools and resources, and running campaigns. Through supporting and working with our members, and as a National Member Network of Social Value International, we are creating an international movement for change.
The role is based in the Social Value UK office in Liverpool City Centre. You may be required to undertake national and international travel.
This is a permanent position.
The successful applicant will be required to work 35 hours per week. Holiday entitlement is 25 days per annum.
Up to £27,000 depending on experience.
To apply, please submit your CV and covering letter (no more than two A4 pages) stating why you are interested in the role and summarising your skills and experience in relation to the job description and person specification below.
Closing date for applications is 23rd July 2018
Interviews will be held either on 26th or 27th July 2018
Start date will be asap subject to the candidate’s availability.
The membership manager is responsible for the development and growth of membership. The role will be responsible for the growth and support of the individual and organisational members of Social Value UK and Social Value International. The membership is made up of people and organisations across the public, private and civil society sectors who are interested in measuring and maximising the value they create. The Membership and Networks Manager will report to the CEO of Social Value UK and Social Value International.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
Attract new members
Target: Increase the number of new members joining SVUK and SVI each month
- Develop and implement strategies for recruiting new members to Social Value UK/International
- Collaborate with other team members on strategic marketing and communications for membership
- Respond to all new enquiries about membership
- Visit organisations and attend sector specific events to promote SVUK/SVI and encourage membership
- Work with SVUK and SVI partners to increase membership
Provide support for existing members
Target: Increase the renewal rate SVUK and SVI members
- Provide support to SVUK and SVI members through regular engagement
- Respond to enquiries from existing members and referring them to the relevant SVUK/SVI staff
- Support SVUK members to establish regional networks and deliver successful regional meetings and events
- Support SVUK members to establish and maintain social value working groups around areas of interest
- Develop the benefits available to members of SVUK
- Ensure that all members are making the most of their membership benefits
Act as an ambassador for SVUK / SVI
Target: Create recognition and momentum around social value
- Attend sector specific events and meetings as a representative of SVUK/SVI
- Work with the other team members to promote SVUK/SVI across audiences
- Undertake opportunities for presentations and contributing to events where appropriate
- Work well in a small team with initiative, independence and good team working skills
- Undertake such other duties as may reasonably be required, commensurate with the level of the post and the needs of the organisation
- Engage in continuous self-development and training
Skills and Experience:
- Personable and able to develop and maintain professional relationships
- Customer focused, able to design solutions that meet customer requirements
- Comfortable with commercial discussions and able to close deals
- Able to use networks and contacts to support membership growth
- Able to present to and engage large and small groups of people
- Good organisational, time management and planning skills
- Good understanding of membership organisations
- Experience of working to sales targets
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong IT skills
- Passion for social justice and equality
- The ability to work to targets
- The ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
- The ability to work on multiple projects at one time
- The ability to be a team player
- The ability to work independently and with initiative
- Sense of adventure and creativity
- Ability to work flexibly, responding to the requirements of the role
- Able to travel as and when required by the job (some evening work required)
- A degree in a related subject
- A knowledge and understanding of social Value and measurement
- Experience of working in a membership organisation
- Experience of working overseas